Many owners don’t observe that the reservoir of their coffee becomes a ground for breeding various types of yeast and mould. Many studies found that if you don’t clean your coffee maker regularly, it can cause various types of allergies and infections. So, if you have a Bella coffee maker and are looking for the best way to keep it clean and infections-free, here is our guideline about how to clean a Bella coffee maker.
Like any other coffee maker, an uncleaned Bella coffee maker can be the place for many yeast and mould; this is why you should clean it regularly. Follow our article and choose the best way to clean your coffee maker for refreshing coffee every day. No matter what model of Bella coffee maker you have, you will get the best and easy method to clean it at your home.
What is a Bella Coffee maker?
Bella coffee maker is a type of machine that uses pressurized pump technology and extracts maximum flavour when brewing coffee. Bella takes both k-cup capsules and coffee grounds in a reusable filter basket. The water stream automatically adjusts according to the ground coffee to make a bold, full-bodied brew.
There are different brew sizes like 6 oz, 10 oz, or 15 oz; choose the brew size and place the adjustable drip tray to fit the travel mug or cup for single-serve.
Common Features of Bella Coffee maker
Knowing all the Bella coffee maker features will help you get a clear idea about the machine. So, here is some common features of the Bella coffee maker.
- It has a feature of reusable brew cup adapter to brew coffee grinds and teas of everyone’s favourite.
- It is best for small space kitchens, rooms, offices, dorms, etc. It also has a compact design for a dual brew, which does not clutter the countertop.
- You can also use this coffee machine to make hot water for tea, oatmeal, hot chocolate, etc.
- Bella Dual Brew single-serve coffee maker is durable, easy to use, and easy to clean the components, earth-friendly, and dishwasher safe.
- It also has reusable filters, and you can brew iced coffee directly into the cup of ice as well.
- The coffee machine shuts off automatically after 2 hours, which is an added safety.
Why should you clean your Bella coffee maker?
An uncleaned coffee maker can badly affect the freshness and flavours of your coffee brewing each time. Some reasons will make you realize that cleaning your Bella coffee maker is an obvious duty you should perform regularly. The main reasons are
- Prevention from infections and allergies caused by moulds.
- Maintaining the freshness and taste of the coffee.
Prevention from infections and allergies caused by moulds
Like any other coffee maker machine, if you don’t clean your coffee maker regularly, the calcium will be deposited. Many fungus, moulds, and yeast will be formed on the water reservoir and coffee pots. Making coffee with an unclean coffee maker machine can cause various infections and allergies.
Maintaining the freshness and taste of the coffee.
You might have seen the regular cleaning and descaling of the machine insisted on by the user manual. If you don’t clean the machine, it will be home to various moulds, yeast, and fungus. All of these moulds and fungus will form on different parts of the machine that’ll be mixed with each cup of coffee you’re going to brew. And ultimately, you won’t get the usual refreshing aroma and taste at all.
Precautions while cleaning Bella Coffee maker
You should not just run to your coffee maker and start cleaning with whatever you want or without considering where and in what condition the machine is. It would be best if you took some precautions while cleaning the Bella coffee maker. Here is some essential care you should do before starting your cleaning.
- Unplugging the machine from the power source is the first and foremost duty to avoid certain accidents and protect your machine. You should also check whether the plates of the machine are warm or not. Wait until the scale becomes cool, and then you can start your cleaning process.
- You should remove the permanent coffee filter of your Bella coffee machine when the brewing process is finished. Rinse the machine with clean water to remove the remaining coffee ground from the filter.
- The most important thing that is often overlooked is handling all the plugs and cords carefully. Many people don’t take the necessary steps to protect cords, plugs and other electrical parts of the machine. You should not immerse any electrical parts or cords in the water.
- Don’t put any food material or liquids except water and coffee into the machine. You’ll have strict directions on the user manual to avoid mixing any other drinks or foods in the machine.
- Use normal or cool temperature water to make coffee. Don’t use hot or warm water that can cause damage to the coffee maker.
- The reusable scoop, filter, and holder are dishwasher safe to clean and wash safely. Only these parts of the coffee maker are dishwasher safe.
- When you’re going to clean the inside part of the machine, make sure you brew two full glass carafes of your tap water.
- Don’t forget to clean the glass carafe neatly before you make coffee every time.
How to Clean Bella Coffee Maker Using Vinegar
Cleaning Bella coffee maker with vinegar is quite an easy and highly recommended method. However, cleaning with vinegar is most effective when you’re brewing your coffee with water that’s very hard in nature. In this case, you should clean your coffee maker every two weeks. This way, you will get the best output from your Bella coffee maker.
Cleaning Bella coffee maker with vinegar requires some ingredients; these are
- White Vinegar Bottle
- 8-12 cupcake style paper filters
- Cold Water
- The key ingredient of this method is white vinegar. So, you have to get white vinegar from the market. However, if you have vinegar at your home, that’s okay; proceed to the next step.
- At first, put 4 cups of cold water and minimum of 6 cups of white vinegar in the glass carafe. Mix them perfectly and pour the mixture into the water reservoir of your machine.
- Now take 8-12 cupcake style paper filters and place them inside the removable filter basket. Then place the removable filter basket in the basket holder and close the lid properly.
- After this, you have to place the empty glass carafe on the warm plate properly. Remember to put the lid of the carafe in its place.
- Now proceed with the automated cleaning process of the machine. For this, you just need to press and hold the “Keep Warm” button for a few seconds. Release the button after seeing the “Clean” message shown on the LCD display.
- Now it’s time to begin the actual internal cleaning process. For this, press the On/Off button of your machine. When the machine creates a beep sound, it means the light in On. The brewing process of the water and vinegar mixture will be started then.
- Wait for a minimum of 30 minutes to complete the whole cleaning process. The light of the On/Off button will be turned off automatically after finishing the cleaning process.
- Don’t forget to clean the machine once more using fresh water after cleaning the machine with vinegar. Repeat the process at least 2-3 times by brewing with just the freshwater. This will remove all the residues of vinegar remaining in the system.
- Remember to clean the removable coffee filter and the glass carafe with fresh water as well.
How to Descale of Unclog Bella Coffee maker
Many people often make the mistake of putting milk inside the coffee maker machine directly. This is a really big mistake that you should completely avoid at any cost. Adding milk directly can cause clogging in your machine.
However, there is a solution to descale or unclog your machine properly. Here are two products you can use to unclog your Bella coffee maker.
Using Urnex Cleancaf Cleaning Powder
You can clean or descale your machine using Urnex Cleancaf Cleaning Powder just following the procedure of cleaning with vinegar. This will help you to remove calcium buildup, milk residue, limescale, and oil residue from your coffee maker.
Urnex Cleancaf Cleaning Powder is made in the USA that has no odour and toxic element at all. The most interesting fact is that this powder won’t leave any residue or odour as the vinegar solution does. It’s very easy to use and immensely helpful in maintaining the overall cleanliness of your coffee machine.
Durgol Universal Multi-Purpose Descaler Solution
Durgol Universal Multi-Purpose Descaler Solution is another great remedy to unclog your Bella coffee maker. This is a very effective descaling or descaler solution. You can use this solution to clean your coffee maker regularly. This will help you to prevent internal calcium buildup and bacterial infection.
This descaler solution is safe and harmless for all types of espresso machines and coffee makers, including Bella coffee makers. It can remove bacteria up to 99% and all types of calcium and lime buildup inside the machine. It also does not leave any chemical residue, and it is completely environment friendly in nature.